HARDEE COUNTY 2018 FAIR
Fine Arts and Crafts Rules
Breads – Quick, Yeast, Muffins
Bed size Hand Stitched
Bed size Machine Stitched
Other quilted items
Thing (still life, close-up studies, non-human subjects)
People (one or more person[s] engaged in some sort of activity, non-portrait)
Portrait (single or group depicting personalities)
Place (architectural, landscapes, seascapes, sunsets)
J Jr. High
H High School
- Participation is open to anyone living in Hardee County (including part-time residents) or working fulltime in Hardee County.
- 2.All exhibits should be brought to the exhibit hall between 10 AM and 2:00 PM on Saturday, February 10, 2018. No late entries will be accepted or displayed.
- 3.All exhibits will be required to remain on display until Sunday, February 25th. Exhibits must be picked up 1:00 to 3:00 PM on Sunday. Early removal of entry will result is forfeiture of any premium earned. The Hardee County Fair will not be responsible for items left beyond that point.
- Each entry must be labeled with the name, address and phone number of the person who made it.
- All entries must be clean, in good condition and not previously entered.
- All canned products must be in standard canning jars (half-pint, pint or quart). Two jars must be entered of each variety (one for looks and display, the second for tasting [qt., pt., ½ pt. or ¼ pt.]). Jars must be clean and no rust apparent on rings or lids. Jerky should be in plastic bag and also have two amounts, one for tasting and one for display. Judging will be based on: taste, texture, and appearance.
- Bread categories must consist of four muffins or one loaf on a plate and covered with clear plastic wrap. Two should be brought in – one for display and one for tasting. Judging will be based on: taste, texture, and appearance.
- Pies and Cakes must be on a plate, covered with clear plastic wrap and should be accompanied by an attached 3x5 recipe card (Only one cake or pie is required). Honey must be in standard canning jars (half-pint, pint or quart). Two jars must be entered of each variety (one for looks and display, the second for tasting [qt., pt., ½ pt. or ¼ pt.]). Jars must be clean and no rust apparent on rings or lids. Judging will be on, clarity, taste, and color.
- 9.Photography must be an 8x10 print matted on heavy black material. Borders should allow for display and be no larger than 11x14. Only one entry per subcategory will be accepted (6 subcategories).
- Paintings must be original work, not reprints. They may be framed or unframed and mounted on stretcher frames with hanging wire securely fastened on back.
- Art must be matted on heavy black material. Borders should allow for display. No more than 3 entries per person will be accepted.
- Exhibitors should be non-professional artists residing full or part-time in Hardee County or working fulltime in Hardee County.
Cupcakes, Cookies and Candy must be on a plate with at least 4-6 pieces, covered with clear plastic wrap and should be accompanied by an attached 3x5 recipe card. Two should be brought in – one for display and one for tasting.
Judging will be based on: taste, appearance and texture.
Judging will be by qualified out of county judges and decisions of the judges are final. Entries will be judged with a first, second and third place awarded in each category. Honorable mentions will be awarded if judges see fit. Best of Show will be awarded in each category and age group if deemed appropriate by the judges. Judging will be done prior to the opening of the fair.
Premiums will be awarded as follows: Best of Show-$15, Blue-$10, Red-$7.50, White-$5 and Honorable Mention-$2.50.
Ray Gill - 863 773 3553